Bonjour wine lovers! As the capital of France, it’s no surprise that Paris offers a plethora of incredible wine bars where you can discover new favorite French vintages. Whether you prefer cozy, cave-like décor with extensive wine lists or modern minimalist spaces focused on natural wines, Paris has a wine bar to suit your tastes.
I live in Paris and today I’m sharing my list of the best wine bars in Paris. From historic institutions like La Belle Hortense that transport you back in time, to chic wine bistros like Juveniles that put a modern spin on the wine bar, you’ll find the perfect spot to sip excellent French wines in Paris.
These are on my list of the best Parisian wine bars to try. Ask the bartender for a recommendation to get the most out of your wine-tasting experience. I hope you’ll have an itinerary of the top wine bars to visit in Paris on your next trip so you can say santé as you sample the city’s finest wines.
The best wine bars in Paris are highly regarded by locals. Here’s a list:
- O Château: Situated in the 1st arrondissement, it not only has a vast wine selection but also offers wine tastings, classes, and experiences. 68 Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau, 75001 Paris, France
- Le Baron Rouge: A staple in the 12th arrondissement, this casual, local wine bar offers an excellent range of wines alongside a selection of cheese and charcuterie plates. 1 Rue Théophile Roussel, 75012 Paris, France
- Septime La Cave: A small wine bar located in the 11th arrondissement, it is known for its curated selection of organic and biodynamic wines. 3 Rue Basfroi, 75011 Paris, France
- La Cave Le Verre Volé: A popular spot in the 11th arrondissement, it offers a selection of natural wines paired with a menu of simple, fresh dishes. 38 Rue Oberkampf, 75011 Paris, France
- La Cave de Belleville: Located in the hipster 19th arrondissement, this wine bar is known for its vast selection of French wines and knowledgeable staff. 51 Rue de Belleville, 75019 Paris, France
- Le Barav: In the 3rd arrondissement, Le Barav is known for its extensive wine selection, which comprises both regional and international options. 6 Rue Charles-François Dupuis, 75003 Paris, France
- Le Collier de la Reine: in the haut marais, this wine bar in the cellar of a seafood restaurant offers hundreds of wine from around the world. 57 Rue Charlot, 75003 Paris, France